Tom took me to the oncologist today and we have a pain plan to manage all the sores in my mouth and on my lips (which he believes are from radiation). I am thankful to have a plan!
- Stop chemo pill until mouth heals, then restart slowly
- Steroid mouth rinse to help heal sores
- Lydocaine mouth rinse to numb my mouth
- Antifungal med for thrush in mouth
- Better understanding of pain meds and which can be used together
- 2 hours of fluids via IV on both Tuesday and Thursday this week
- Continue to drink as much as possible
I’m glad Tom was there to help me talk (it hurts) and for support. I was in so much pain during the appointment, I never could have remembered everything. It’s been a very painful day. Sorry to those of you I have not responded to via text.