Well, the day is finally here.  I slept well until about 4:40am.  Since then I have been praying, sobbing, praying, sobbing, etc.  The house is still quiet.  The tears have stopped and I’m feeling more at peace.  I pray the tears will stay away, at least while the girls are around.

Last night, our 10 year old said to me, “This is the last night you’ll sleep without Chemo.  That seems strange to me.”  I know it’s on her mind . . . not knowing what to expect.  But I’m thankful she slept well and is still sleeping. 🙂  I’m thankful all of us were able to get to sleep easily.  Thank you for praying specially for this.

So this morning, we’ll get up and ready, the girls will head down to our neighbor’s house about 20 minutes before the bus and will walk to the bus stop with them.  (Thanks Courtney!)  Then we’ll head to the hospital.

Still doesn’t seem real . . .

20151021_092824 (500x281)

Ready or not . . .

We were at the hospital from about 9 – 1.  We had the same nurse as yesterday who we loved.  She’s our age, has kids like us, and knows one of my friends.  Such a small world. 🙂  And James popped in again to say hello.  I think he lives there!

We talked for a bit.  She ordered the meds and then we started the 4 pre-chemo meds.

After those were done, we waited about 30 minutes and then began the 2 chemo drugs.  I had no reaction to any of them, and didn’t feel them going in or get any weird tastes in my mouth.

As we were getting ready to leave, my Dr. came and we talked for a few minutes,

I’ll be honest, the morning was actually pleasant.  My nurse, Kari, was able to get me a private room (sweet!!) and it was nice to chat with her and hang out with my husband.  I responded to a bunch of texts, emails and browsed around on Facebook.  I put on Back to the Future III but ended up dozing from the meds.  (And don’t worry, I’ll at least watch a small part of Back to the Future II since it’s “Back to the Future Day.”)

Just hanging out . . . not very eventful. :-)

Just hanging out . . . not very eventful. 🙂

On another note, we did get a call from the school nurse that our 7 year old, was having a hard day and wanted to talk to us.  So we called and talked to her and just decided to pick her up on the way home.  So, not as much resting as I would have liked this afternoon since she is so squirmy, but she seems to be doing ok.

So now we sit and wait.  It’s funny, this morning I was thinking how strange it would be to have poison pumped into me.  And that that it’s in me, I wonder what the side effects will be.

So we sit and wait. . . . wait and see how my body responds to the poison!

Tonight will be a time of rest for Tom and I.  We’ll see the girls for about an hour and then my friend Crystal will be picking them up and taking them to AWANA.

I am thankful for the peace that could have only come from God early this morning as we spent time with the girls, drove to the hospital and walked into the infusion center.  True peace.  (Still scared of throwing up, but peace.) 🙂

My friend Jen texted me this Psalm this morning before we left.  It’s also one of my favorite songs!

Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.
Let me dwell in your tent forever!
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings!