I got the girls off to school this morning and watched TV for a few minutes before Linda came and picked me up.  I talked with Tom on the phone for a bit too. 🙂

We checked in this morning around 10 and only waited about 5 minutes.  Then they took me back, I signed a bunch of papers and changed into my gown.  It looks ridiculous of course, but a hose attaches to it and I can control the temperature.  I just love these and have had them for all my surgeries. 🙂  Linda and I agreed that someone needs to make these for home use!

I’m not sure of the conversation between Linda and the nurse as the anesthesiologist was trying to find a vein to put my IV in, but I think because of it, I was able to keep my glasses on until I fell asleep and then I woke up with them on!!!!!!!!  What a HUGE blessing that was.  It was the first time I have ever seen the inside of the operating room.  It was not as exciting as I thought it would be, but I am thankful everything was not totally blurry.  I remember the anesthesiologist moving my arm and putting something in my IV and then I was waking up. 🙂  How lovely!!

Recovery went well at the Dr. – no nausea, not itching (YEA!!!!!) and I even remember Dr. Barker coming in and talking about the surgery!

When I got home I dozed in and out for a bit.  I still feel a little loopy, but not too bad.  I took 3 Tylenol because it was a little uncomfortable, and now, a few hours later, do not have any pain (except for a sore throat).  We’ll see how it feels after everything they gave me during surgery has worn off.  I of course have a stash of pain meds ready to go. 🙂

I just changed the gauze on the incisions as the blood was soaking through.  They said that some oozing was normal.  Yuck!  I have a stash of gauze ready to go as well!

I guess that’s enough for one day.  I am not supposed to use my right arm much, so Tom and the girls are taking care of Thanksgiving dinner and cleanup tomorrow.  (I did prep. 4 things yesterday to help out though!)  I am SO THANKFUL for a job that allows Tom to be off on the holidays!!

As I look back on the past year, I have so much to be thankful for.  Last year on Thanksgiving, my right arm and part of my left arm were mostly numb, thanks to the neuropathy from the chemo.  I was scared that would be permanent.  This year, I have no neuropathy at all.

Last year I had no hair and was wearing hats all the time. This year, I have a cute pixie hair cut and only a few grey hairs!

Last year, I was wondering if it would be my last Thanksgiving.  But here I am today, ready to celebrate all God has blessed us with.

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, girls, parents, extended family and friends (many of whom have become like family).  I sure don’t deserve any of them, but am so grateful that God has allowed me more time to spend with them. 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving and to God be the Glory!


Would you like to receive an email each time I post?

Please enter your email address below.

You have Successfully Subscribed!